I feel I need to appologize

7 years ago, I posted a reply to a comment about bitcoin in this thread: Right Here, a user tipped me 25cents (USD) in BTC as a result of my comment. I went through the effort to collect the BTC and put it in a wallet and promptly forgot all about it. Today I was talking to my brother about BTC and remembered that interaction and went on a little quest to find my forgotten fraction of a BTC. After some digging in my email, I found my wallet stored on Blockchain.com and my .25c is now worth $96! So I appologize for my comments back then calling bitcoin black magic and comparing it to a pyramid scheme. I have many regrets over this. Had I been smart enough to invest just $500 at that time, I'd have over $190,000 today - that's an incredible return in just 8 years. So anyway, that's all I came here to say. Carry on. Oh, for some reason the person who tipped me the .25c is suspended so I can't thank them directly. /u/_________lol________ if you're out there - Thanks man!

submitted by /u/drwuzer
[link] [comments]

Comments