Bitcoin Privacy

Hey

This is not about BCH,BTC etc but Bitcoin in general. But posted here since BTCers want Bitcoin to be a store of value and BCH more as cash. But the problem applies to both.

I value my privacy when it comes to certain things. One thing is like using cash instead of a credit card in some shops in the middle of nowhere :D But if the "credit card systems" worked as Bitcoin where any shop/person I paid to would be able to see all my past and future transactions I would never ever use anything but cash.

This is what I don't understand about people wanting to use bitcoin as cash. How can you willingly accept that everyone you pay to can see your past and future transaction history?

If you don't accept it how do you get around it?

It feels wrong trying to bring Bitcoin, as cash, to the world when it would imply a far greater invasion of privacy than any other current system ever could.

I guess I don't get it.. :D Because it feels like bringing "economic freedom" etc while creating a currency to be used as cash with completely transparency feels like opposites.

Thoughts please :D

submitted by /u/zib123
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/9pri17/bitcoin_privacy/

Comments