How much should jtoomim ask for in his flipstarter?

People have been offering me jobs or encouraging me to run a flipstarter for a while now. I figure maybe I should go ahead and do one to shut them up. I prefer to raise my own money because I value my independence and intellectual freedom. I tend to be more productive when I'm able to choose which projects I work on. But I don't really know how much I should try to raise. What do you guys think I should set as the goal?

I'm planning on working on BCH full time for the next 3 months. I intend to work on projects like:

  1. Getting Xthinner fully specified, into some full nodes and widely deployed
  2. Getting Blocktorrent-TCP to the functional prototype state
  3. Building better regtest benchmarking systems for stress tests, like my planet-on-a-LAN remote_stress system (currently about 80% complete)
  4. Getting testnet4 and scalenet running (this shouldn't take much longer)
  5. Implementing my anti-reorg algorithm (see also my simulator)
  6. Continuing to support aserti3-2d deployment
  7. Fixing the chained tx limit issue in nodes that still have it
  8. Parallelizing code and addressing the LOCK(cs_main); issue in nodes other than BU
  9. Writing a new UTXO database and/or cache system -- ideally, one that uses copy-on-write semantics to allow for snapshotting and multiple simultaneous chaintips, uses atomic operations instead of locks to allow for concurrent operation, one which can be used to quickly compute UTXO commitments, and one that can work with memory-mapped IO or which uses a format that works about as well in RAM as on SSD (note to self: check out Flowee's system to see if it is sufficient)
  10. Porting this UTXO db code plus the script execution and transaction validation code to OpenCL, because I think it would be kinda neat to be able to fully validate the blockchain in about 10 minutes on a 1080 Ti.

Three months is probably only enough time to check a few things off of that list, and I'll also probably end up working on some things not on that list, but this might give you an idea of my intentions and ambitions.

submitted by /u/jtoomim
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/idqaca/how_much_should_jtoomim_ask_for_in_his_flipstarter/

Comments