Bitcoin Cash Epiphany

I started investing in cryptocurrency for the first time about a month ago. Mind you, I knew nothing about it. Heard Bitcoin was used on the black market to buy drugs in 2011 and all the notorious associations but never got curious enough to explore it further.

I saw the price of Bitcoin at around $49k at the time and thought to myself, that’s super expensive why are people still buying it? Then I read a quote that said “everyone gets into Bitcoin at the price they deserve” and suddenly felt a strong gravitational pull to explore crypto further.

For a couple of days, I did nothing but study crypto. It’s history. How to trade it. How to store it. Advantages of holding the coin versus trading on an exchange. Basically everything to do with crypto for a beginner. Later, I found myself on Kraken, fully verified, about to lose my crypto currency virginity.

It was a monumental moment for me and I’m normally a ritualistic type of person. The type that needs to shake hands on a deal between friends to make it binding. So, the first coin I bought was important for me.. I needed that screenshot to show my grandkids (one day, lol) and flex that I got into crypto super early all the way back in 2021.

Here’s where the story really starts. Scrolling down trying to decide my first purchase, I very shortly glanced at Bitcoin Cash but it was a fraction of the price compared to Bitcoin. I thought to myself, “what in the hell is this cheap ass knock off version of Bitcoin? Fake!” And proceeded to proudly click on Bitcoin, put a small amount and hit purchase. Took the screenshot and from there on my crypto journey began.

All this time, I was trading on an exchange. Everything was smooth and easy. Until, I decided to level up and learn more about Trust Wallet, MetaMask, pancakeswap, altcoins, ERC20 vs Bep20, and much more. In the very first moment, I moved Bitcoin to my Trust Wallet and then tried to move it again and saw the transaction fees, something felt wrong. It was a huge sense of disappointment that I realized, firsthand, that Bitcoin is no longer what Satoshi Nakamoto set it out to be. I did a lot of research and realized how Bitcoin’s network fee is a result of a bidding war since only a very limited amount of transactions - I believe 3 per second- can be processed per second for the entire blockchain!!! Ridiculous.

This was the time I decided to do a little more reading on Bitcoin cash and then I realized something.. it took me 12 years to get into crypto and naturally my first purchase was the original Bitcoin. I needed to encounter its problems to realize it’s not the superior coin. I realized Bitcoin Cash is the P2P currency that I originally wanted to invest after being stoked about this new technology that will save mankind. A month later, here I am fully admitting to myself that Bitcoin Cash is king.

As I said, I’m a ritualistic person. Writing this is just to enter into a binding contract with myself. I will keep the Bitcoin I have, but from no on, come my next paycheck, I will only be adding Bitcoin Cash to my portfolio.

I feel like many people don’t want to have this realization due to selfish reasons and market euphoria. Yes, Bitcoin is the perfect digital gold.. but you never got into crypto to store you wealth and watch it appreciate in value.. you got in to use a decentralized freakin’ currency and support a transition that will benefit mankind as a whole.

Anyways, posting this here because we all know how insane the r/Bitcoin subreddit is. Truly hope more and more people get enlightened and realize you don’t need to pay $30 in fees to pay for your $2.5 coffee.

One coin to full them all... Bitcoin Cash!

submitted by /u/omaahm1996
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/n041c0/bitcoin_cash_epiphany/

Comments