Limitations of 2nd layers

What are they?

I'm trying to get my bearings in this whole BTC vs BCH thing. I understand the concerns about big blocks, but also see that core BTC is unusable in its current state as digital cash, at least not by the masses.

I raised my concerns on r/bitcoin and got some good answers, the bulk of which were talking about BTC being the "gold" guarantee behind the "cash" of 2nd and 3rd layer systems to come. The same way that you don't carry gold coins to pay for coffee, BTC don't need to move every time you order pizza. This makes sense to me, but sounds a little like fiat currency with extra steps.

What are the limitations of layers as a scaling solution for core BTC?

submitted by /u/5abenik
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/mzjkkw/limitations_of_2nd_layers/

Comments