BTC trade maxed out on shapeshift due to an error with their exchange?

Feel I was scammed on a BTC trade maxed out on shapeshift due to an error with their exchange. This situation is urgent and has been dragging on for over 3 weeks waiting on response from the shapeshift support team. Meanwhile ive been waiting patiently and letting the USDC sit which has cost me over $20k in BTC value so far. Ive been told they are looking into but have not been responding to my emails asking for an update, and also my BTC returned from the trade. They have offerd to refund the miners fee's, which doesnt resolve their error of taking all my BTC. I am requesting for the trade to be cancelled due to their system error, or at least correct it to the $2k amount i input. I'm hoping someone can help or advise what can be done to correct this situation? Its been giving me major anxiety waiting to hear back from their investigation while everyday BTC soars higher, and meanwhile i cant reinvest the USDC until i get this resolved an answer. Its unacceptable they have kept me hanging this long!
In late Dec i had attempted to trade $2k worth of BTC into USDC from my keepkey wallet. After i input the amount and hit confirm, the platform seemed to "freeze up" and didnt complete? I attempted again with another error. When i finally attempted again, i received a confirmation for the amount of $2k the amount i had input. I remember receiving multiple messages to update my keepkey right after the trade, and I was instructed to update it multiple times in a row which is weird? the shapeshift website/ exchange was giving many errors on that day. I never have traded large amounts, and in fact was not even aware they have a max BTC button since i always input an amount

Does anyone know if there would be record of me inputting that amoun ($2k)t in the system trade log when it was giving errors ? or do they record a screenshot of the transaction so I can prove I input $2k as the amount to trade ? How else can i get more details on this trade ? Can anyone advise on how to get a deeper investigation into this transaction that left me feeling scammed by the Shapeshift exchange. Or someone who i can turn to help with this situation. I will be forever grateful for anyone who can help me out!!!

Below is the unacceptable response i received, since shapeshift is attempting me to buy back my BTC at a higher rate

"Hello,

Thanks for that information. What we can suggest is that you trade back the funds and we will process a refund for the Miner fee. Will that work for you?
Stay Foxy! "

submitted by /u/etseven7
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/ksvj3a/btc_trade_maxed_out_on_shapeshift_due_to_an_error/

Comments