I need advice. Should I sell my bitcoin to buy a house now? Or should I wait 4 more years?

I'm an unmarried 36 year old American. I'm stuck renting and living with roommates because I don't earn much money at work. I don't qualify for a home mortgage loan because of my low paying job and subpar credit score. With the current price of bitcoin, I own enough bitcoin to buy a nice small house where I live, and I like it here.

If you were in my position, would you sell your bitcoin to buy a house right now? Or would you wait 4 more years?

I believe that the price of bitcoin will be a lot higher in 4 years. So if I wait 4 more years, I believe I will be able to afford a nicer house and still have some bitcoin left over to save, but then I will be 40 years old, and I would also be stuck renting and living with roommates until 2026... I'd hate to sell most of my bitcoin. But I'd love to own a house.

I'm so conflicted. I hate living with roommates and I've always wanted to own a house, but I'd hate to sell most of my bitcoin for only $62,000 each. I feel like they should be worth more and I think they will be worth a lot more in the future. Please give me advice and help me make a decision. What do you think I should do? What would you do?

submitted by /u/shouldIbuyahomenow
[link] [comments]

Comments