Anyone know if BCH is big in the backpacker community? It seems like a perfect fit to me.

Back when I was younger and traveling the world on a shoestring budget, every penny lost was a big deal to me and the people around me. You did whatever you could to avoid high exchange fees/withdrawal fees and bad conversion rates. I would've LOVED to take just one single currency with me that could be used in every country I visited(plus some IRL cash/credit card as safety backup of course).

On the flip side, many of the countries backpackers visit are poor and have unstable or weak currencies, so local hostel owners, merchants and other that cater to this community are usually pretty innovative when it comes to stuff like this. If just a few backpackers passing by would ask to pay in Bitcoin cash, I'm sure many owners would look into it. Especially since the on-boarding process seem so simple these days.

I could see how this really could cause a ripple effect since the backpacker "scene" is pretty competitive. For example, if Hostel A gain a few more customers because of using BCH, Hostel B and C probably wouldn't be far after.

Does anyone know if crypto/BCH is popular in the backpacker community? If not, is anyone doing anything to tap this potentially huge market?

submitted by /u/Bokaii
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/lmh25g/anyone_know_if_bch_is_big_in_the_backpacker/

Comments