How Bitcoin saved my life.

I posted this on another subreddit, and its gotten a lot of response. Just thought I'd share it here so newcomers can see how I used DCA strategy to invest in Bitcoin monthly over the last 8 years.

I'm a taxi driver in a European city and in December 2012 I picked up an American customer who wanted to go to the airport. The traffic was chaotic and what would usually be a 30 min journey, took approx 90 min. He was cool with it though, as he had plenty of time for his flight.

We had a really good chat, he told me about BTC and how even if I didn't want to put money into it, it was important to know what it was. Needless to say, I was intrigued, and a bit confused. Over the next ten days or so, I read as much online as I could and decided there and then that I would quit my 15 cigarettes a day habit and put the money I would have spent otherwise into BTC. I made my first purchase of BTC on Jan 1st, 2013.

Every month for the last 8 years, I have bought €250 of BTC. I was DCAing without even realising it was an actual strategy. I am still buying at today's price, and have bought at every price range since 2013. I have never sold any of it.

Needless to say, my financial and physical health have drastically changed since then and I truly believe that BTC has saved my life. My initial plan was to DCA for 10 years, and if I have enough to retire, then I will, that's less than 2 years away now and will be 1 month before my 40th birthday.

I have well over 7 figures in BTC, yet still drive my taxi everyday. Life is good.

Edit: Just wanted to add in that Bitcoin gave me an incentive to quit smoking, and that's as valuable to me as the gains I've made. That's why I feel it saved my life.

submitted by /u/HappyBus8759
[link] [comments]

Comments