The easiest way to convert naysayers is to give them Bitcoin.

My Mom and Dad (both over 70) do not understand crypto. I heard it all "It's not backed by gold." "How can 'nothing' be worth anything." "It's a Ponzi scheme." They are wonderful and intelligent people, and I certainly don't fault them for the skepticism. So 3 years ago I gave my Mom and Dad $20 each of bitcoin for Christmas and I taught them how to check the current price based on what they were holding. Then I did nothing, except the occasional mention "Have you checked YOUR bitcoin lately?"

My Dad was convinced in less than 6 months and put $2200 of his own money in. He still doesn't 'get it' but doesn't really care. He's happy. My Mom - and this is a holy miracle - said the next time I buy to let her know so she can 'try it out'. She's also getting positive reinforcement from legit news sources and financial thinkers. I'm super stoked for both of them.

My point is, money Bitcoin talks way better than I do.

EDIT: I don't care about naysayers either, I should have said 'people you love who are skeptical'

submitted by /u/DankLard
[link] [comments]

Comments